Senior Accountant – International Operations
Job Number: 112
Location: Boston, MA
Expertise: Accounting & Finance
The Senior International Accountant provides support and assists with the coordination of the financial accounting and reporting activities for our International Operations in Europe and Asia.
The Senior International Accountant plays a critical role by coordinating and reporting financial data from our international locations to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting for the organization. It also supports the VP Finance and the Controller in design and implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures, internal controls and financial information systems. International Accountant also helps coordinate efforts for income tax accounting and reporting at our International companies and assists in design and implementation of International tax strategies. To support the ongoing expansion of our company, the International Accountant will also assist in various operational tasks at our International entities.
- Assist Controller in managing financial accounting and reporting activities for all International subsidiaries of our company.
- Prepare financial data and International companies ledgers for purposes of financial reporting and analysis.
- Prepare analytical reviews and reporting packages for senior management including but not limited to profit and loss analysis, sales forecasting, cash flow forecasting, capital expense forecasting, and related variance analyses.
- Prepare financial reports as needed for statutory, banking, investment and other purposes.
- Assist corporate financial analysis and planning team by providing actual results for financial modeling and collaborating in development of financial models.
- Supervise inter-company accounting activities for multiple entities.
- Assist VP Finance and the Controller in design and implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures across our International companies.
- Assist in local and corporate internal and external audit efforts by assembling and reviewing working papers.
- Assist in resolution of any accounting and internal control issues related to International accounting operations.
- Improve timeliness and accuracy of financial closing and reporting for International companies.
- Maintain a repository of historical financial data for International companies.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2 to 5 years combined experience in auditing, financial accounting and reporting capacity within a Big Four environment as well as large or small company with a more operational role in finance or accounting.
- Candidate must have excellent knowledge of GAAP.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance with a strong academic record
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including significant relevant experience with financial consolidations and reporting for multi-divisional entities.
- Must have excellent understanding of complex accounting areas related to our International operations such as accounting for leases, translation of foreign currency transactions, revenue recognition and accounting for inter-company transactions.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with polished presentation skills