Senior Manager or Director of Internal Audit
Job Number: 268
Location: Boston, MA
Expertise: Internal Audit / Risk
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager or Director of Internal Audit to oversee the operational, financial and forensic audit projects for a portfolio of 12 (small to midsize) companies under a Private Equity ownership structure. The position is newly created and would be responsible for building the function from scratch. The role will report to an Operating SVP at the PE firm, and have 1 direct report (mostly likely at Staff / Senior level, tbd).
Company / Team / Position highlights:
- This is a leadership position, however it’s very hands on with broad responsibilities. (not just review)
- Function oversight will include planning and leading process walkthroughs, tests of design and tests of effectiveness to evaluate internal controls compliance and implementation, in addition to determining impact to internal controls for any new system implementations and/or enhancements; collaborating with portfolio companies’ with Finance and IT teams to evaluate and document in-scope process controls, application systems, and automated application controls; assisting the Operations Leadership in the resolution of issues and/ or concerns and ensuring findings are adequately escalated to the correct parties and monitored for resolution; utilizing a risk-based approach to identify and recommend process improvements, assess risks and controls for financial projects, financial reporting related business processes, and IT infrastructure and operations.
- Hired individual will effectively collaborate with leaders to identify, address, measure and report on business risks, appetites, tolerances and internal controls.
- Flexibility: The position will be based around greater Boston – hybrid schedule with flexibility. Since this is a newly created function, the company may be open to either hybrid or fully remote structure. There may also be some travel to the portfolio companies (under 10% – all mostly on the East Coast) and to the PE firm’s offices in Boston and CT.
- The position will also be conducting ethics & compliance assessments, fraud and corruption investigations, internal controls assessments, books & records examinations.
- CPA / CIA / CFE – preferred
- 10+ years of Internal Audit / Forensic Accounting experience
- Tangible product industry experience is a plus
- Fraud investigation experience is highly valued.
- Desire to work on a dynamic but small team with broad & interesting responsibilities – required!