Staff Accountant – hybrid new opportunity!
Job Number: 268
Location: Boston, MA
Expertise: Accounting & Finance
We are looking for a Staff Accountant with a desire for a broad range of responsibilities. The position is part of a 7-person corporate accounting & finance team and will be the junior member of the team assisting everyone in the group with various deliverables.
Company / Position / Team highlights:
- 100 person growing asset management firm that is growing organically and through acquisitions. HQ in the Seaport, hybrid work schedule (2 / 3 flex), with strong compensation and good work life balance.
- 7-person team includes – CFO, Corporate Controller, Accounting Manager, FP&A Senior Manager, Payroll Manager, this Staff Accountant position.
- Responsibilities will evolve as the hired individual is ramped up on the company’s business model and financial systems – the role will start out being more focuses on Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing (all relatively low volume, but with some complexity) and will then add in more GL / month end financial close responsibilities, including: Bank reconciliations, preparation and entry of GL journal entries, supporting outside audits, assisting in preparation of financial statements including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement; assisting with financial reporting (with Private Equity outside investment stake considerations) and other interesting projects.
- The company will be upgrading from QuickBooks to NetSuite in 2024 and will also be implementing Coupa. Thus, this is an excellent opportunity for an eager Staff Accountant to learn the process of a new system implementation alongside the existing team.
- The position has a promotion track plan to Senior Accountant in the next 1-2 years as the company will be growing significantly. This plan really sets someone up for success in the long term as you’d have a chance to get property onboarded and established in the group prior to taking on more advanced responsibilities.
- The team is awesome – this Staff Accountant will have 3 amazing mentors above to learn from.
- BSBA, Accounting
- 1-3 years of relevant and transferable experience
- Desire for a broad range of responsibilities that start out with more of an operational accounting focus and evolve into more full cycle corporate GL accounting & financial reporting – required!
- Systems experience with NetSuite, Coupa, Bill.com, QuickBooks, Excel is highly valued.
- Positive attitude with desire to learn – required!