Our expertise is your opportunity.
O | Finance Recruiting Verticals:
Corporate FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) – supports corporate goals through financial analysis, reporting, planning, budgeting / forecasting, and financial modeling of operational indicators. FP&A teams provide financial recommendations to stakeholders and external investors in some cases. (if publicly traded or under a PE ownership structure). Responsibilities:
- Supporting the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecast processes including the integration of the ERP system into these processes
- Taking ownership of the corporate department budgets, re-forecasts and variance reporting
- Providing FP&A support to various operating units
- Consolidating monthly budget/forecast vs. actual reporting from the operating entities
Topics to consider when hiring FP&A teams:
- What is the purpose and role of the FP&A group for an organization?
- What are the ideal intangibles for an FP&A professional?
- What new technology is becoming essential for FP&A groups?
- How to retain top corporate finance talent?
Functional Finance – business partnering with specific groups across the organization by providing strategic financial analysis used in operational decision making. Some examples include:
- Senior Financial Analyst, Marketing – supports the analytics of marketing and promotion (advertising) spend. Show Responsibilities
- Lead Finance Business Partner, Pharma R&D – function supports Scientific Research & Development team on each new treatment in development – providing valuable financial data around budgeting, tracking R&D headcount versus forecast and more. Show Responsibilities
- Finance Manager, Gross To Net – finance groups within large Pharma companies support Gross to Net Managed Care, Medicare Part D and Channel customer segments. They work closely with partners from across G&A, R&D, Business Units, Gross to Net, and the broader finance organization to support forecasts, “actuals” reporting, and create clear communication to senior management.
- Finance Manager, supporting International Manufacturing
- Senior Compensation Analyst, HR Show Responsibilities
- Job Costing, Construction Project Cash Flow Analysis, Job Profitability, Percentage of Completion accounting infrastructure
- Interview preparation for Construction Finance Positions
Corporate Business Development / Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Focus: Valuations Analysis, Competitive Analysis, “What / if” scenario projects, business partnering with C-Level executes on strategic company expansion efforts (M&A), financing transactions (Debt Restructuring), IPO related projects / S1 filing.
- Qualifications for this career track are usually very industry specific, especially for Technology (SaaS) and BioTech / Pharma companies. Corporate BD (M&A) teams often target Investment Banking experience – here is why:
Sales Operations – function supports the Head of Sales with KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators), client specific profitability analysis, geographical expansion analysis projects, and more.
Helpful Designations & Education Related Resources for Finance Careers:
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) – 3 Exams
- CIPM (Certificate in Investment Performance Management) – 2 exams
- Top MBA Programs in Mass – Based on hiring patterns observed in Greater Boston over the past 15 years – Origin Staffing Top “Career Value Added” Picks include: Babson College, Tufts University, Boston College, Northeastern University, Boston University. (excluding Harvard & MIT programs)
- 30 Most Affordable Masters of Finance Degree programs nationwide
- Fun Video explaining the difference between: Corporate Financial Analyst, Investment Banking Analyst, Venture Capital Analyst, Mutual Fund Analyst, Hedge Fund Analyst, Buy Side Analyst, Sell Side Analyst, Wealth Management Analyst –>
O | Representative Direct Hire Corporate Finance Searches:
Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A Manager, Sales Operations Manager, Senior Finance Manager, Finance Director, VP of Finance, CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
7-Step Origin Staffing Candidate Process
Results are achieved by understanding the “why”. Details matter. Let’s partner up & get it done.
- Introductory Call / Meeting
- Resume Strategy
- Determining search parameters
- Origin Staffing will only show you opportunities within set parameters. We always present the whole story behind the openings – including describing the company’s business infrastructure / future growth plans, reason for opening, team structure, general compensation & benefits info, job description and most importantly any specific color on the opportunity directly from the hiring manager.
- We NEVER send your resume to any companies until we receive your permission – “Green light with interest to pursue”
- Every company has a different interview process – some just want to get to know you, some will grill you on a technical level, some expect you to know specifics about them, some have deal breaker parameters not shown on the job description. This is only on a company level. Then each interviewer has their own style.
- We’ll prep you to help navigate this minefield, and make sure you make a great 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd impression.
- On the other side – most interviews are very informational in nature – hence we’ll help you fine-tune the appropriate questions to ask (and sometimes most importantly to avoid) to get the information necessary to make the right decision @ the end of an interview process.
- This happens early in the process, in the middle of interviewing, and at the “decision step”. Origin Staffing is incentivized to make sure you are excited about an offer package.
- References, Giving Notice, Background Checks, taking time off in between positions, making the right 1st impression with the new company. All of these steps can be tricky to navigate – we’ll be there by your side offering support & guidance.
- Over 80% of our business is from referrals – we’d love to stay in touch long term & be your “Go To” recruiting agency in Boston for the remainder of your career. Your professional interests will evolve over the years and we’ll be there to support you.
- Additionally, as you progress your career and have direct reports to hire, we’ll be there to fill out your team with top talent.