Our expertise is your opportunity.
O | Payroll Recruiting Verticals:
Corporate Payroll (US) – it is vital for Payroll professionals to remain up-to-date on the latest knowledge of state and federal payroll tax laws and regulations. Payroll systems are quickly evolving (with SaaS Payroll Solutions), thus its also important to consistently update practices and payroll systems accordingly.
- Processing multi-state bi-weekly payroll, including maintaining time and attendance records, tax reporting/records
- Preparing payroll journal entries, including monthly payroll accruals
- Implementing and maintaining payroll processes and procedures for proper internal controls
- Processing special checks, off-cycle payrolls and manual payroll checks as necessary
- Tracking and reviewing employee benefit changes, deductions, garnishments, paid time not worked, etc.
- W2, 1099 filings, payroll audit projects
- Communicating and coordinating actively with management of all divisions to ensure cross-company and departmental impacts are identified (Human Resources, Benefits, Accounting)
- Ensuring systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, wages, benefits, sick, vacation and paid time off, including compliance with union contracts
- Preparation of management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, leave pay, pension, government reports, etc.)
Corporate Payroll (International)
Responsibilities: (in addition to all of the US Payroll responsibilities listed above)
- Performing all phases of the international payroll and timekeeping processes for specific countries and locales. Understanding other defined countries to act as ‘back-up’ if necessary
- Processing expatriate or shadow payrolls
- Overall management and analysis of global payroll operations and related activities that ensure compliance with international jurisdictions
- Performing international payroll analysis such as total gross global payroll to net payment, average paid per headcount by country, etc.
- Expat Payroll Duties (can be very complex and vary country by country)
Helpful Payroll Designations & Career Resources:
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) – typically required for large companies at Manager level or above
- How to become a Certified in Payroll – many companies in the Greater Boston area really value the CPP designation and are willing to increase the compensation level accordingly
- Differences between US and International Payroll – companies will pay more for international payroll experience (in addition to US / Canada). On top of earning the CPP designation, this is a great way to grow your payroll career & increase the compensation package
O | Representative Direct Hire Payroll Searches:
Payroll Specialist, Payroll Tax Specialist, Senior Payroll Associate, Payroll Supervisor, Payroll Manager, International (Global) Payroll Manager, Payroll Director
7-Step Origin Staffing Candidate Process
Results are achieved by understanding the “why”. Details matter. Let’s partner up & get it done.
- Introductory Call / Meeting
- Resume Strategy
- Determining search parameters
- Origin Staffing will only show you opportunities within set parameters. We always present the whole story behind the openings – including describing the company’s business infrastructure / future growth plans, reason for opening, team structure, general compensation & benefits info, job description and most importantly any specific color on the opportunity directly from the hiring manager.
- We NEVER send your resume to any companies until we receive your permission – “Green light with interest to pursue”
- Every company has a different interview process – some just want to get to know you, some will grill you on a technical level, some expect you to know specifics about them, some have deal breaker parameters not shown on the job description. This is only on a company level. Then each interviewer has their own style.
- We’ll prep you to help navigate this minefield, and make sure you make a great 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd impression.
- On the other side – most interviews are very informational in nature – hence we’ll help you fine-tune the appropriate questions to ask (and sometimes most importantly to avoid) to get the information necessary to make the right decision @ the end of an interview process.
- This happens early in the process, in the middle of interviewing, and at the “decision step”. Origin Staffing is incentivized to make sure you are excited about an offer package.
- References, Giving Notice, Background Checks, taking time off in between positions, making the right 1st impression with the new company. All of these steps can be tricky to navigate – we’ll be there by your side offering support & guidance.
- Over 80% of our business is from referrals – we’d love to stay in touch long term & be your “Go To” recruiting agency in Boston for the remainder of your career. Your professional interests will evolve over the years and we’ll be there to support you.
- Additionally, as you progress your career and have direct reports to hire, we’ll be there to fill out your team with top talent.