Third Party Fund Administration
Our expertise is your opportunity.
O | Third Party Fund Administration Recruiting Verticals:
Fund Services / Fund Accounting – In order to verify and distribute assets that are tied to investments, a fund services group (third party company) will act as intermediary between both fund managers and investors. While the roles of a fund administrator can vary depending on both the type of fund and the industry that they fall under, many responsibilities are shared across them.
- Responsible for the day-to-day investor servicing/onboarding, accounting, and reporting for private equity, hedge, mutual, venture capital and real estate funds.
- Preparing and reviewing US GAAP Financial statements and partner allocations.
- Processing GL activities for transactions across investments, funds, and investors.
- Ensuring fund waterfall, NAV, and management fee calculations are interpreted in accordance with varying fund documents.
- Interacting with clients daily for requests and servicing projects.
- Follow Risk and Compliance procedures for both regulatory requirements and Anti Money Laundering legislation
- Act as point of contact for year-end external audits
- Handling cash activity, bank reconciliations, and wire transfers for different funds
- Participating in regular technology and information reviews, identifying potential process enhancements and implementation alternatives.
Private Equity Funds
- Investment vehicle that pools capital from investors and uses it to purchase stake in public and private markets / companies. This fund plays an active role in these companies via additional capital and guidance. The goal is to increase company growth and raise profits.
- These funds are actively managed by investors who aim to achieve higher returns than the markets return. This fund strategy is more complex where the investment manager might invest in assets such as real estate, derivatives, and even tangible assets like art or fine wine. They often borrow money (leveraging) which lends this type of investment to be of higher-risk.
Venture Capital Funds
- Common function is to provide funding for startup companies in exchange for a percentage stake in the company. While very risky, they have the potential to offer very high return opportunities. These vehicles are usually only accessible to accredited investors. These investors are often part of the board of directors and exit the company once they close an M&A deal or IPO
Real Estate Funds
- These funds invest in securities offered by public real estate companies or real estate investment trusts (REITs). Value is provided through the appreciation of the tangible assets. Real estate fund assets can be bought directly from the company that created the fund or from an online brokerage.
Fund of Funds
- A fund of funds (FOF) is usually structured as a mutual fund, hedge fund, or private equity fund. They usually invest in other alternative mutual funds or hedge funds. These portfolios consist of other funds’ portfolios rather than traditional investments such as stocks and bonds.
Helpful Fund Administration Designations & Career Resources:
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) – This certificate is a senior-level credential that helps equip finance professionals with the ability to provide expert advice about investments, accurately evaluate assets, and manage complex portfolios.
- CFS (Certified Fund Specialist) – Involves studying the fundamentals of exchange traded funds, mutual funds, real estate trusts, fund analysis and portfolio construction. This exam tests your ability to apply advanced investment strategies and risk management assessments to various types of funds.
- Reasons why Investment Funds choose a Third Party Fund Administrator
O | Representative Direct Hire Fund Administration Searches:
Fund Services Associate, Fund Services Manager, Fund Services Senior Manager, Fund Services Associate Director, Private Equity Fund Accountant, Alternative Investment Fund Accountant, Fund Administration Associate, Fund Administration Manager
7-Step Origin Staffing Candidate Process
Results are achieved by understanding the “why”. Details matter. Let’s partner up & get it done.
- Introductory Call / Meeting
- Resume Strategy
- Determining search parameters
- Origin Staffing will only show you opportunities within set parameters. We always present the whole story behind the openings – including describing the company’s business infrastructure / future growth plans, reason for opening, team structure, general compensation & benefits info, job description and most importantly any specific color on the opportunity directly from the hiring manager.
- We NEVER send your resume to any companies until we receive your permission – “Green light with interest to pursue”
- Every company has a different interview process – some just want to get to know you, some will grill you on a technical level, some expect you to know specifics about them, some have deal breaker parameters not shown on the job description. This is only on a company level. Then each interviewer has their own style.
- We’ll prep you to help navigate this minefield, and make sure you make a great 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd impression.
- On the other side – most interviews are very informational in nature – hence we’ll help you fine-tune the appropriate questions to ask (and sometimes most importantly to avoid) to get the information necessary to make the right decision @ the end of an interview process.
- This happens early in the process, in the middle of interviewing, and at the “decision step”. Origin Staffing is incentivized to make sure you are excited about an offer package.
- References, Giving Notice, Background Checks, taking time off in between positions, making the right 1st impression with the new company. All of these steps can be tricky to navigate – we’ll be there by your side offering support & guidance.
- Over 80% of our business is from referrals – we’d love to stay in touch long term & be your “Go To” recruiting agency in Boston for the remainder of your career. Your professional interests will evolve over the years and we’ll be there to support you.
- Additionally, as you progress your career and have direct reports to hire, we’ll be there to fill out your team with top talent.