Our expertise is your opportunity.
O | Accounting Recruiting Verticals:
- Managing and executing month-end financial close ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Financial statement preparation (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement)
- Coordinating internal and external audit activities – partnering with BIG 4 or Regional CPA firms as needed + managing annual 401K audits
- Reconciliations, journal entries, accruals
- Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis
- Assisting with accounting system implementations & upgrades
- Business Partnering with Accounting Policy, External Reporting, Tax, FP&A, Executive Compensation, and other accounting operations teams to ensure deliverables are completed timely and accurately
Technical Accounting / Accounting Policy – focuses around resolving complex accounting issues
- Responsibilities: researching and applying accounting guidance (per ASC) to specific financial scenarios – such as: Revenue Accounting (ASC 606), Lease Accounting (ASC 842), Derivatives & Hedging Accounting (ASC 815), Compensation Accounting (ASC 718), US GAAP vs. IFRS Accounting related projects, Business Combinations aka Purchase Accounting (ASC 805) and more.
O | Technical Accounting Resume Advice:
The more details the better – if you have exposure to a more complex area of accounting please list out the exact ASC # representing the guidance. Employers love seeing this level of minutia on the resume & it creates a lot of value for any search process.
Investment Accounting & Finance (Derivative & Hedge Accounting – per ASC 815)
- Many of our top clients in the Alternative Investment space (Private Equity, Venture Capital, Hedge Funds) seek talent with particular resume progression –> investment accounting, partnership taxation (with a focus on investment clients), or external audit with Alt Investment client base – typically part of a a Big 4 group. We know the space very well and can help professionals shape their progression in this vertical.
- Many of the career tracks are of interesting “hybrid” nature covering financial reporting, K-1 Partnership tax allocations, investment accounting, working on projects, global treasury / cash management, supporting the front office investment deal structures, etc. (So you never get bored and can see the whole business structure)
- Origin Staffing Recruiting team enjoys partnering with investment companies seeking this particular talent pool – aside from actually finding the candidates, we are always there to advise on the dynamics of this very competitive market and what it takes to attract the right candidates.
Financial Reporting / SEC Reporting – function oversees the preparation of regulatory financial information in accordance with SEC requirements (10Qs, 10Ks filings)
International Accounting – function oversees the preparation of financial statements for international subsidiaries in accordance with specific rules of that country (typically per IFRS) & then roll up of financial results to corporate accounting & SEC groups.
Trust Accounting (and Taxation): Interview Preparation for Trust Accounting & Taxation positions in Massachusetts
Property Accounting: Interview Preparation for Commercial Property Accounting (Commercial Real Estate)
Operational Accounting: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing (including specific Medical Billing, Legal Billing), Collections
- Full-service accounting services to smaller “mom & pop” companies
- There are many variations & levels of bookkeeping services & responsibilities
Helpful Designations & Educational Resources for Accounting Careers:
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) – we believe this is the HOLY GRAIL of all certifications. Becoming a CPA adds incredible value towards career progression. (including compensation potential)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant) – typically most applicable to manufacturing industry
- Best Undergraduate Accounting programs to launch a career in Big 4 – Origin Staffing New England picks include: Bentley College, Boston College, Boston University, Suffolk University, College of Holy Cross, University of Connecticut, University of Rhode Island, Northeastern University
- Top Undergraduate Accounting Programs in Massachusetts
- MSCPA – Massachusetts Society of CPAs – Origin Staffing strongly recommends becoming a member – its an excellent platform for professional networking + they offer a wide selections of CPEs (continued professional education credit courses) for CPAs around greater Boston.
O | Representative Direct Hire Corporate Accounting Searches:
Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounting Supervisor, Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable Manager, Accounts Receivable / Collections Manager, Billing Director, Cost & Inventory Accounting Manager, Senior Accounting Manager, SEC Financial Reporting Manager, Technical Accounting Manager, Accounting Director, Assistant Controller, VP of Accounting, Divisional Controller, Corporate Controller, CAO (Chief Accounting Officer)
7-Step Origin Staffing Candidate Process
Results are achieved by understanding the “why”. Details matter. Let’s partner up & get it done.
- Introductory Call / Meeting
- Resume Strategy
- Determining search parameters
- Origin Staffing will only show you opportunities within set parameters. We always present the whole story behind the openings – including describing the company’s business infrastructure / future growth plans, reason for opening, team structure, general compensation & benefits info, job description and most importantly any specific color on the opportunity directly from the hiring manager.
- We NEVER send your resume to any companies until we receive your permission – “Green light with interest to pursue”
- Every company has a different interview process – some just want to get to know you, some will grill you on a technical level, some expect you to know specifics about them, some have deal breaker parameters not shown on the job description. This is only on a company level. Then each interviewer has their own style.
- We’ll prep you to help navigate this minefield, and make sure you make a great 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd impression.
- On the other side – most interviews are very informational in nature – hence we’ll help you fine-tune the appropriate questions to ask (and sometimes most importantly to avoid) to get the information necessary to make the right decision @ the end of an interview process.
- This happens early in the process, in the middle of interviewing, and at the “decision step”. Origin Staffing is incentivized to make sure you are excited about an offer package.
- References, Giving Notice, Background Checks, taking time off in between positions, making the right 1st impression with the new company. All of these steps can be tricky to navigate – we’ll be there by your side offering support & guidance.
- Over 80% of our business is from referrals – we’d love to stay in touch long term & be your “Go To” recruiting agency in Boston for the remainder of your career. Your professional interests will evolve over the years and we’ll be there to support you.
- Additionally, as you progress your career and have direct reports to hire, we’ll be there to fill out your team with top talent.